iPad Pro Keyboard & Mouse Support on Luna Display

As you know, the iPad Pro, both old and new generation, now supports bluetooth keyboard and mouse compatibility. Lots of people, including myself, are intrigued by this and are enjoying how it basically makes your iPad a laptop; however, it’s still iOS and not OS. I’ve been using Luna Display before any of this as the screen for my Mac Mini. I recently got an Apple Smart Keyboard for my iPad Pro, as well as a Bluetooth mouse, and I’ve noticed that some of the modifier keys (like Command + Click to open a link in a new tab) don’t carry over, and the Bluetooth mouse only support clicking. The mouse won’t even move around on the screen unless you click, so you can’t hover over things, you can’t click-and-drag, and it also doesn’t support scrolling with the scroll wheel. I was wondering if better compatibility with either of these accessories, iPad keyboards or mice, is in the works? It would be much appreciated, and I know LOTS of users would absolutely love this. This would essentially allow you to have a “laptop” version of your desktop that can be used remotely with a keyboard and mouse that is not connected to your computer (limiting your range), but connected to your iPad. Thank you Astropad for your amazing product!

7 Likes

Totally agree with this! Astropad/Luna, PLEASE utilize new cursor support in iPadOS to make this happen! I can’t take my bluetooth mouse out of the room my computer is in and have it still work, would be awesome And solve my problem to have it work natively with my iPad Pro in Luna!!

2 Likes

Yes with the new magic keyboard accessory for iPad Pro the built in trackpad is great for point and click but there is no scrolling support Help please

2 Likes

I would love to see this feature in Luna :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’d like to add my voice for scrolling gesture.
I find the mouse “click only” to be enough - I can’t imaging you can truly move the mouse around with this setup, but not being able to scroll up and down documents is a problem.
Would it not “just” be mapping the trackpad two finger gesture to the on-screen two finger gesture we can already do in Astro Pad?

2 Likes

Please please add full magic keyboard support for luna display on iPad Pro. While i appreciate the limited support of the trackpad, the keyboard doesn’t register a keystroke at all.

1 Like