Astro HQ

First Colour Character Doodles with Astropad

Hey Everyone,

Here are my first two character designs illustrated using Astropad. I’m using an Apple Pencil (just managed to get one yesterday - woohoo)!
The Pencil and iPad Pro are great and Astropad is brilliant so far too - I’ve enjoyed working on these illustrations whilst sat watching Netflix on an evening. It’s nice to draw digitally away from my Mac and Cintiq :smile:

I’m a children’s book illustrator and currently woking on a cowboy themed book (hence the two cowboy character designs above). I think Astropad, Photoshop, Apple Pencil and iPad Pro will fit nicely into my workflow.

Looking forward to drawing with Astropad more.

Cheers!

Chris

3 Likes

These are awesome Cowboys.

1 Like

Thanks you! :slight_smile: They were fun to draw character ideas for a new book I’m starting.

Great Work! I love to hear about you drawing these on your couch… Fantastic story! Let us know how your book develops

Thanks Giovanni :slight_smile: I like the way I can sketch and doodle whilst watching TV in the background. Drawing away from the workstation is pretty fun. It’s like doodling in a sketchbook for pure enjoyment and for ideas. I’m not too fussed about creating full artworks at the moment, but coming up with ideas etc that I can always finish later on my Mac.

I’ll try and keep you updated how things go :slight_smile:

1 Like

What lush, loose color work. Cheerful whimsy. Keep up the vision.

1 Like

Appreciated for the kind words, thanks! I haven’t had as much time as I’d like to play with Astropad this past week - deadlines before Christmas! Hopefully over the festive period I’ll dive in further :smiley: