Say Hi and introduce yourself!

Hi, gang! I’m new to Astropad. I bought both 53’s Pencil and Adonit’s Jot Touch 4. I’m returning one of them this week: what’s your recommendation?

it really depends how important is pressure sensitivity for you… I would keep the JT4 because it was pressure and it is more precise

Hi, I’m Maciek, I’m a designer, illustrator and comic book artist from Poland. I’ve been using Wacom Cintiq for a couple of years but recently I’ve been trying iPad as a mobile alternative. Now, thanks to Astropad, I’m testing my iPad + Wacom Creative Stylus combo as a full replacemnt for the Cintiq. The problem I’ve had with Cintiq is that as a device it wasn’t very handy, took a lot of space on my desk, and the cables were driving me crazy. What I love about Astropad is that the setup is handy and doesn’t require any cables. I’m aware of its limits, but so far I’m content with the results I’m getting. So thanks guys!

Oh, here’s my Behance page:

Welcome Maciek! I like the style of your book covers, a clean look.

Let us know what we can do to make Astropad better for you

Hi, I’m RJay Hansen. I manage a small design department for an eclectic marketing firm. Originally read about Astropad in some story on my Flipboard and was immediately intrigued. It’s an impressive tool and works great. Looking forward to using it in my work. Here’s a link to my website which doesn’t contain any art done with Astropad. Yet…

Derp… forgot the link.

Hi I am Nick from Essex UK. I am also a developer for my main job. I used to do a lot of photography in the past and had an Wacom Intuos 4 which I sold a couple of years back. Recently I have got back into photography and also doing web and graphic design so with all the new Adobe apps on the iPad am currently looking for a stylus to use with my iPad Air2. A friend just told me about Astropad, so guess what, I used my thumb to spend £15 and give it a try, initial look whilst at work is this looks great. So looking forward to trying this out, if it can save me spending £400+ on a Wacom for what I need then fantastic!!

my photography can be seen here

Keep up the good work guys!!

Let us know when you have some Astropad art!

Yay! Cool pix! let us know how it goes with Astropad

Hi, I’m Bill. I live in Thornhill Ontario Canada. I’m an amateur photographer. Travel photography tends to dominate but I’m not limited to that. I’ve been considering a track pad for sometime to facilitate the editing process (Lightroom) and came across this as an alternative to a dedicated hardware solution. I look forward to figuring it out … first step I guess will be to set up Lightroom Shortcuts. My web site is

Hi everyone. I am a serious photography hobbyist. I don’t have any one particular type of subject matter that I am stuck on. I like to shoot whatever interests me at the moment. I also enjoy the post processing portion of the process. That part is what has drawn me (no pun intended) to Astropad. I just heard about it a couple of days ago and downloaded it to give it a go.
I have yet to acquire a stylus as I am not yet certain as to which one would be the best for what I want to do with it. So if anyone has any suggestions I am willing to listen.
I am sure as I progress I will have many more questions and hopefully at some point will also be able to contribute.
I use Lightroom and Photoshop CC and some Nik, Topaz and DXO plugins. The hardware that I use is an iMac and an iPad Air 2.

@Bill Welcome! Those are some beautiful photographs. I’m partial to landscapes so I checked those out right away. Many of your photos look just like northern Minnesota up in the Boundary Waters next to Canada.

@chuck_c Welcome Chuck! About the stylus, the first question is, do you need pressure support? If you want pressure sensitivity the best stylus available is the Adonit Jot Touch. If you don’t need pressure than the Adonit Jot Pro is a more affordable option.

Check out our reviews:

Thank you for your reply. I decided to first try the Adonit Jot Pro and will see if it fits my needs. I don’t know that pressure sensitivity is necessary to my process. If I find out otherwise then I will bite the bullet and get the Adonit Jot Touch.
Thanks again!

Hi, I’m Wendy. I’m a marketing manager for an architecture firm. I have a graphic design and market analysis background. I was thrilled to find out about Astropad. I’m currently having some issues with Illustrator CS6, but everything else works well, and my home setup is CC 2015, so I anticipate that the issues will be different there. :wink:

Illustrator CS6 has issues, unfortunately… but they should be gone with the Illustrator CC

Hi folks, Mark Allen from Belfast, Northern Ireland here. I am a keen amateur photographer and use Fuji X-T1 camera and Lightroom CC for post editing work. My stylus hasn’t arrived so I have just been using my finger, still I am quite impressed. Wind lines/curves added to the water, sunburst on mountain side improved. Rannock Moor, Scotland.

Hi Bill, did you ever get anything special for your Lightroom setup? I have just used the standard PS ones.

I did the same thing. I didn’t realise at the time that they often use the same codes.

Hello all I am Gabriel. I’m a designer and I do illustrations. I’ve been noodling with making digital comics. Been looking for an affordable alternative to getting a Cintiq. I hope Astropad does the trick! I have several of my pencil drawings at my website.

My Drawings!