Say Hi and introduce yourself!

Hello!

My name is Tyrone Jackson and I am an illustrator, graphic designer, comic book inker and letterer. I am also the CEO of SoveReign Comics, www.sovereigncomics.com.
I purchased Astropad for my iPad pro about 8 months ago and just recently purchased Astropad pro. I’m still getting used to the mechanics of it as I still used my Cintiq and didn’t make the full jump over to my iPad(except for travel) and the Astropad app.
Recently, I decided to make the full move over to Astropad so, I figure it’s time to learn everything that there is to learn about it. So far though, I really enjoy it.

Hi! I’m a professional Retoucher primarily working in photoshop, capture one and Lightroom. My usb connected Wacom Intuos Pro graphicss tablet is in need of an upgrade but for twice the investment I could get a new iPad Pro, Stylus, Apple care and your pro software. I’m a bit apprehensive as I’ve been using a Wacom tablet for well over a decade. Please make me feel better as it sounds like an awesome switch.
Thanks
MontyStilson.com

Is amazing as it sounds, even if you just pick the Standard version, if you are and advanced the Studio version does more than a Cintiq.

Magnificent work on your website Andre!

Cheers,
Leith in Oz.

Hello Astropad Community,

My name is Minton Brooks. I am consultant, bringing Lean-Agile-Kanban methods to large IT organizations. In a prior life, I was an editorial/graphic designer and art director. In my current work, I create my own training slides, and that is the context for my purchase of Astropad Studio. I have tried products over the years, including a Wacom Intuos Pro Pen Tablet. But it didn’t work for me really until the iPad Pro with Pencil. I love that combo, and I look forward to extending the functionality and utility for my work, which is centered around Powerpoint.

Hi! I’m Audra and I’m a comic artist who’s been using Astropad since it launched! I’m currently using Astropad Studio and enjoying it on my iPad Pro!

Malyse and HYR,

I wanted to let you know I finally got the iPad Pro and Apple Pencil and bought https://www.amazon.com/Ztylus-Apple-Pencil-Case-Built/dp/B01HH8NOXM/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?encoding=UTF8&dpID=41Auw2oisOL&dpPl=1&keywords=apple%20pencil%20grip&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&qid=1476543965&ref=plSrch&ref=mp_s_a_1_4&sr=8-4. It’s working GREAT with my arthritic hands!

Thanks again for the suggestions!

Hi all,
My name is Anna. I’m a graphic designer from Sweden and I haven’t done any illustration for about 20 years but I’m hoping to have a go again now with Astropad on my new iPad Pro. I heard about Astropad from the lovely Andy J Pizza on his podcast
Really looking forward to try this out now :blush:

Hi,
My name is Sara. I am a digital painter after a decade painting with acryl. Now I use Artrage om my Mac and Astropad to paint on my tablet. I ask myself of the yearly amount for Studio instead of Standard is worthwhile for me considering my income. It is a great program and Artrage as well as Astropad have given me new inspiration to paint again.

Hi, I’m Mark and I’m a digital artist illustrator (and a photographer); since this is Adobe’s 30th I’ve been telling people I had a beta version 0.6 I think it was of Photoshop in 1986 :slight_smile: so I’ve been at this for awhile! Must say I’m pretty happy with Procreate and Graphic on the iPad Pro and some of the Adobe iOS apps, but very pleased with being able to use Astropad on the Mac. Great job and looking forward to learning more!

http://markgould.net

Welcome Anna,Sarah, and Mark!

Candi

Hey, Michael/powers here.

Been using astropad for a year or so now, but just now joining the community because, well, I have a question! Yes I’m that guy. See you 'round!

Hi, I’m Caryn. I do graphic facilitation and recording as well as infographics. I’ve been using Concepts for much of my iPad Pro work, both live and in studio. As a long term Illustrator user, hoping I can move to Astropad plus Illustrator, rather than continually exporting from Concepts. More at http://priorityventures.com.

Hi Astropad Community! My name’s Sam and I’m an avid Astropad fan (and really curious about Luna). I typically use Astropad for vector illustration, concept work on our product designs and photo editing. Photoshop and Illustrator primarily and I’m planning on trying it out with Sketchup soon too (not sure how that’s going to work out… anyone else tried it?).

I run a product design and manufacturing business called Helmm. One of our products is a drawing stand for iPad Pros - i’ve done a quick post about it here: iPad Pro Stands

Proudly designed with Astropad!

Please check it out and let me know what you think!

Hey guys! I am Cameron Smith. I am a 3D artist by the name of Pixal Designs. I have loved utilizing Astropad into my workflow with Zbrush! Having this tool have helped me work faster due to the custom shortcuts that I can setup on the sidebar in addition to my custom UI that I’ve setup for Zbrush. I have supported Luna and can’t wait to see what this brings to the table in my designs and workflow. I do a lot of science fiction and Star Wars concepts. I bring these designs to life via 3D printing and CNC machining. Glad to be a part of this awesome community!!

To see what I’ve done, check out my instagram: pixal_designs

Hello all, I’m Tara. I work as a user experience researcher and don’t consider myself an artist. I’ve always wanted to try drawing digitally however, but tablets were either a) screenless and that doesn’t work for me or b) super expensive! I saw the Pro app featured in the App Store and ended up buying the standard as I don’t get own an Apple Pencil. Looking forward to getting one and drawing with pressure sensitivity, however!

Hi Ronge,
my name is Rudy and I’m an enthusiastic photographer. I just learned about the possibility to use my iPad Pro as a tablet for Photoshop. So I’m the ultimate beginner as I just downloaded and installed the software. Pretty cool stuff as far as I can tell so far, but also not without problems.
Before I start with maybe the tenth variation of the same issue I’ll do my homework and check for postings available.

Looking forward to fruitful discussions and exchanges on this platform!
Cheers
Rudy
PS: My native language is German, please excuse uneven grammar and the like …

I got an iPad and astropad ap hoping to use it for editing in Photoshop CC. I saw a couple of reviews on youtube but they don’t show how to set things up and use it for editing photoshop images I have up on my MacBook. Any suggestions? I really need help getting started and learning how to do basic editing. Thank you.

Hi! I’m Ayelen an Argentinian illustrator and Designer, you can check my stuff at Ciell.net
I work with Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, adobe etc currently learning blender (And oh my gosh 3D is hard)
I discovered Astropad thanks to a youtube I follow that recommended the Studio version along with other awesome apps I’ve been using too :slight_smile:

Thanks for such an incredible tool!

Hello my name is Neil, and I am really enjoying Astropad.

I do have a question which is, can you use the two fingers to rotate the image in photoshop? If so, could you please explain how

Thanks
Neil