New user, double click and keyboard?

Hi there,

I found a few old posts so thought I’d check to see if anything has changed;

• Is there a way to double click to open folders etc on the Mac?
  • Is there a way to auto show a keyboard in dialogue boxes on the Mac?

Cheers

Ben

Hi Ben,

Double click should work as a double tap with your stylus, but please let us know if it does not.
Astropad does not have support for on-screen keyboard, but we do plan to add this feature.

And if you have trouble getting your double taps to be recognized, you can usually Ctrl tap and choose “Open”. (Astropad has a Ctrl key button, press on it while you tap).

There’s no auto keyboard yet but you can get to the OS X keyboard viewer. Here’s a neat trick: Go to System Preferences, Keyboard, Input sources. Make sure “Show input menu in menu bar” is checked. Now add a 2nd keyboard. For example, I chose U.S. or U.S. Extended. Now the icon in the menu bar is your country’s flag. Tap on that, then Show Keyboard Viewer… and there’s an onscreen keyboard. It’s a little clumsy but it works.

Thanks guys,

@Malyse Double tap worked for finder folders but not in Photoshop dialogue boxes, which was where use most often. Will test again, this was Photoshop CC (latest) with OSX 10.11. Will test again soon.

@Weezimp Thanks for that, I’d seen that tip previously but wasn’t sure if a less clumsy version had been added.

Thanks!

Cheers

Ben

I am not able to get double-clicking to work. I’m using an iPad Pro with a Pencil stylus. I’ve tried many different click intervals as I know that this is a variation that is controllable in settings. I still can’t get it to work. I see the workaround above (control+click - open). However, it appears from the responses that it’s supposed to work.

What programs are in use where double-click (double tap) isn’t working? Does anything occur instead?

It happens regardless of whether apps are open. For example, I cannot open folders on the desktop by double tap.

You’re able to draw fine with your stylus though?

-Is there any 3rd party software/driver installed?
-Use any 3rd party mouse or keyboard?
-And/or any 3rd party utility which you installed?

Maybe email a video of what happens when you try double-tapping?
It will help us get a better idea of what you’re experiencing and the possible issue.

Please send us an email at - support[at]astro-hq.com

Yes. My apple pencil works fine otherwise.
I use a Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500 when I’m not using the stylus.

I will send video