Astropad & Rebelle 2

Hey everyone,
I finally got some time to do another doodle with Astropad. This time in #Rebelle2 which is a super nice stripped back natural media app. The watercolour simulations are real pretty. It also has a fantastic colour mix colour picker, that you can toggle on to add a percentage of the colour you click on to your existing colour. It is lacking a few key features like a distort transform. I don’t know about you but when I flip my fist stage doodles they tend to look horrendous and need skewing back into place :wink: And it would also be nice if there was a copy merged option. I’ve mentioned it to the devs and fingers crossed it will make it into a future update.

I haven’t been using astropad too much for digital art recently as I’ve been using #PaintstormStudio on the iPad which seems to have feature parity with the desktop version. The UI is nowhere near as refined as Procreate and you got to make sure you keep saving, but it’s packed with all the features you need (gradients, masks, liquify) and the brushes are awesome. I would definitely recommend checking it out.

Anyhoo, hope you like it
dave