Astropad dumping third party stylus supoort by year’s end

Before I purchased an iPad Pro, I was using an iPad 3 with Astropad.
Looks like those days are gone and the Astropad team doesn’t want anyone with oldef iPad hardware using Astropad any longer.
The Astropad team lost my trust, support AND getting at my wallet for the future.
I wish Astropad luck with their whole subscription forever model.

I was still waiting until I would be able to test everything, but not supporting my Adonit Pixel stylus is bad news.
I am using only my iPad Pro right now with the Apple Pencil, but I will still need to use my Adonit Pixel on my iPad Air 2 once I finish a project on my Pro.
I can’t update my 2009 Mac to the latest OSX version but it still do the job well…
It’s the same with my iPad Air 2. And I have a recent iPhone that does’t use the Apple Pencil…
So I don’t see myself spending a bunch of money just to be able to use Astropad…
Btw, I don’t use the Premium version of Astropad with a subscription.

I will check what will happen in the future. Btw, my Duet app works very well for a 2nd screen on my Mac. The only thing missing is being able to use my iPads with a stylus to control the Mac.
Don’t let the Astropad become a 2nd display only, unless you want to loose users.

I am in the exact same boat as you, my friend.
I use a late 2009 iMac using OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks with Astropad.
I can’t use the newer versions of Astropad, now, as the Astropad team pushed up the OS X requirement for the Astropad Standard companion app for Mac to OS X 10.10 Yosemite and the current Astropad companion app is no longer compatible with OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks.
So, I am using an older iOS version of Astropad and an older compatible Mac companion app, so I can keep using my older Mac setup Mac OS version and stylus of choice with Astropad.
I really do not know why Astropad is dropping third party stylus support when most every other major drawing app still supports them.
I think this a just laziness on the part of the Astropad team. That is how I feel.