Activating "Ink" and Using With PowerPoint

Astropad makes the iPad a virtual tablet. Apple’s INK application only recognizes plugged in tablets. I think that Powerpoint only recognizes plugged in tablets. Getting Astropad to e recognized as a wired tablet will go a long way to making it useful for any mac application!

We are looking into it! Thanks for the feedback!

Great app. I agree, would be even better if Apple ink could be triggered as with a wired tablet. So this is to encourage you. Thanks, Alan

Hi! Any updates on this?

I get that astropad is widely used with Adobe Photoshop & illustrator. My needs are inking tools on PowerPoint.

Right now, I have to draw on PowerPoint on iPad, and then transfer the file to Mac…

Can I use Astropad to trigger drawing tools on PowerPoint on my Mac?

I am (just now) brand new to Astropad Studio. It appears that my intention to use the product for inking inside Powerpoint is not yet an option, wired or otherwise?

@mintonbrooks Mac Powerpoint has an annotate function, and it would work with Astropad.

How to do is here: https://support.office.com/en-US/article/Write-or-erase-marks-on-a-slide-during-a-presentation-af442570-9dff-4a1b-849e-0ab1d1022fa2

For the Mac version of Powerpoint, you cannot save annotations though, and would have to screenshot them unfortunately.

If you want to use Apple Ink, it has to be activated.

@Malyse Thank you! I have now installed Windows 10 (OMG), and so I can work with Astropad and Windows Powerpoint. If I need to do something to set up Windows Ink, I am clueless about it.

I can see the dotted bounding box representing Astropad’s share of the Powerpoint slide, but there is no inking happening. I was hoping that the drawing fuSo nction might come into play – the controls look similar to the hand-drawing functions in the Mac Powerpoint on the iPad. But alas no leverage there.

So I believe the piece I need to learn is how to activate Ink on Windows. I will try looking at MS Help.

@mintonbrooks Are you running Parallels then?

Something to note with Parallels, even though it works;
there won’t be any pressure sensitivity when using a stylus.

Yes, Parallels. Good to know that the pressure is off in Parallels land.

At this point, I do not see a viable for using my Pencil to create
PowerPoint content directly into slides, other than PPT on the iPad.

Minton